The qualification will enable learners to instruct exercise and physical activity for children, motivating, preparing, ending and reflecting on health related exercise/physical activity to children. Learners will also develop an understanding needed when collecting and using relevant information when planning a safe and effective exercise/physical activity for children.
- The qualification is open to anyone who is capable of reaching the required standards.
- The qualification requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and application of number involved, and learners should have basic skills in communication and application of number at levels 3 and 2 respectively
The learner must complete:
Unit 1: Anatomy and physiology for exercise
Unit 2: Health safety and welfare in a fitness environment
Unit 3: Principles of exercise, fitness and health
Unit 4: Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
Unit 5: Planning health related exercise and physical activity for children
Unit 6: Instructing health related exercise and physical activity to children
- Multiple Choice Examination.
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
- Fitness Academy Europe Certificate of Achievement
- Focus awardsLevel 3 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Children)
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Level 2 Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 NVQ diploma in Personal Training
- Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness
- Adults (aged 16+) wishing to pursue a career either in the health and fitness sector, community setting or in schools as teachers of children’s physical activity.
- 16 to 18 year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved the qualification.