The aim of this qualification is to enable you to teach yoga asanas, breathing practices/ pranayama, relaxation, meditation, and concentration to clients with a range of capacities, capabilities, and experiences.
- At least two years of regular class attendance before beginning the qualification.
- A good understanding of anatomy and physiology equivalent to Level 3.
- A current First Aid certificate or evidence that one will be undertaken.
- Ofqual Regulated Qualifications are currently offered to 18+ (age) learners
The learner must complete:
Unit 1: Professional Responsibilities of a Yoga Teacher (Foundational Knowledge Unit)
Unit 2: Basic Breathing and Relaxation (Foundational Knowledge Unit)
Unit 3: Preparing for Asana (Foundational Knowledge Unit)
Unit 4: Approaching Asana, Basic Breath Control and Relaxation (Foundational Skills Unit)
Unit 5: Effective Planning, Teaching, Assessment and Evaluation (Foundational Skills Unit)
Unit 6: The Classical Foundations of Modern Yoga (Advanced Knowledge Unit)
Unit 7: Incorporating Philosophy, Pranayama, Meditation and Advanced Asana (Advanced
- Multiple Choice Examination.
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
- Fitness Academy Europe Certificate of Achievement
- Focus Awards Level 4 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
There are no relevant accredited qualifications that learners can progress onto. Learners may wish to move into more specialist training such as Yoga for Pregnancy, Yoga for Healthy Backs, Yoga for Special Needs, Yoga for Children, or Yoga Therapy.
- Adults (aged 18+) wishing to pursue a career in teaching a multi-level yoga class