Course aim is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan, prepare, deliver and review strength and conditioning programmes that will help athletes to achieve their performance goals.
• Learners must hold a Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (or equivalent), a Level 3 Coaching qualification
(or equivalent) or a Level 3 Strength and conditioning qualification (or equivalent).
• Learners may also hold relevant higher education or further education qualifications that are equivalent
or higher than those listed above (e.g. physiotherapy, sports therapy).
• There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners
should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 3.
Learners must complete the two mandatory units.
|COURSE||STRENGHT AND CONDITIONING|
|1.||Performance analysis of the activity and athlete|
|2.||Plan, deliver and evaluate periodized performance-related strength and conditioning programmes|
Portfolio of Evidence
Graduate receives Fitness Academy Europe International Personal Trainer certification
and Active IQ Diploma in Personal Training
This qualification provides progression on to:
• Higher education (e.g. college or university) to study strength and conditioning at a higher level.
• A range of specialist strength and conditioning qualifications.
• Other level 4 and 5 qualifications in related sectors.