The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to plan, prepare and deliver safe and effective yoga sessions.
- Learners must have a minimum of two years experience of participating in yoga classes.
- The course requires physical exertion, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
The learner must complete:
Unit 1: Underpinning principles of teaching yoga
Unit 2 :Anatomy and physiology for yoga
Unit 3 :Planning a series of yoga sessions
Unit 4 :Health and safety of yoga
Unit 5 :Teaching a yoga session
- Multiple Choice Examination.
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
- Fitness Academy Europe Certificate of Achievement
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
This qualification provides progression onto:
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
Active IQ Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition.
Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Adults (aged 16+) wishing to pursue a career in teaching yoga
- Please note that 16-18 year olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved this qualification