This qualification is designed to provide learners with the knowledge to ensure safe and effective exercise programming for patients with a number of medical conditions and common reasons for referral onto a community-based exercise referral scheme.
Learners must hold one of the following:
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Group Training.
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
|1.||ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY 3|
|Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health|
|2.||EXERCISE REFERRAL INSTRUCTOR|
|Professional practice for exercise referral instructors|
|3.||COMMON MEDICAL CONDITIONS|
|Understanding medical conditions for exercise referral|
|Applying the principles of nutrition and physical activity|
|5.||PROGRAMME PLANNING 3|
|Planning exercise referral programmes with patients|
|6.||PROGRAMME DELIVERY 3|
|Instructing exercise with referred patients|
- Multiple Choice Examination.
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
Graduate receives Fitness Academy Europe / Platinum Training Institute Exercise Referral certification and Active IQ Diploma in Exercise Referral
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate In Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain.
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate In Physical Activity and Weight Management for Obese and Diabetic Clients.
February 20th,21st,27th,28th + March 6th,7th,28th + April 18th - 10am-4pm (UK Time) Online