This qualification is designed to provide learners with an understanding of the legal and professional requirements of a circuits’ instructor. Learners are provided with an understanding of the key concepts of circuit training and how technology can be used in circuit sessions. Learners are also provided with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan, prepare and deliver safe and effective group circuit sessions.
Learners must hold a suitable Level 2 fitness instructing qualification, for example:
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing.
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Group Training.
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing.
Some experience of circuit training is useful.
The learner must complete:
• Unit 1: Planning and instructing circuit sessions
- Practical Demonstration/ Assignment.
- Fitness Academy Europe Certificate of Achievement
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Circuit Sessions
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells.
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Studio Cycling.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Group Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
- Apprenticeships within the active leisure sector.
- Learners aged 16+.
- Qualified fitness instructors wishing to widen their skills to offer circuit sessions.