Focus Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Exercise and Physical Activity for Children)
The qualification will enable learners to instruct exercise and physical activity for children, motivating, preparing, ending and reflecting on health related exercise/physical activity to children. Learners will also develop an understanding needed when collecting and using relevant information when planning a safe and effective exercise/physical activity for children.
- The qualification is open to anyone who is capable of reaching the required standards.
- The qualification requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and application of number involved, and learners should have basic skills in communication and application of number at levels 3 and 2 respectively
The learner must complete:
Unit 1: Anatomy and physiology for exercise
Unit 2: Health safety and welfare in a fitness environment
Unit 3: Principles of exercise, fitness and health
Unit 4: Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
Unit 5: Planning health related exercise and physical activity for children
Unit 6: Instructing health related exercise and physical activity to children
- Multiple Choice Examination.
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
- Fitness Academy Europe Certificate of Achievement
- Focus awardsLevel 3 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Children)
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Level 2 Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 NVQ diploma in Personal Training
- Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness
- Adults (aged 16+) wishing to pursue a career either in the health and fitness sector, community setting or in schools as teachers of children’s physical activity.
- 16 to 18 year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved the qualification.