Active IQ Level 3 Award In Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to design and adapt programmes to meet the needs of older adults.
Learners must hold a recognised level 2 or level 3 fitness instructing qualification e.g.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Group Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
The learner must complete:
Unit 1: Physical activity and health considerations for the older adult
Unit 2: Designing and adapting exercise programmes for the older adult
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Fitness Academy Europe Certificate of Achievement
- Active IQ Level 3 Award In Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Level 2 Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 NVQ diploma in Personal Training
- Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness
- Adults (aged 16+) wishing to pursue a career either in the health and fitness sector, community setting or in schools as teachers of children’s physical activity.
- 16 to 18 year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved the qualification.