The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to design and adapt programmes to meet the needs of older adults.
Learners must hold a recognised level 2 or level 3 fitness instructing qualification e.g.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Group Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
The learner must complete:
Unit 1: Physical activity and health considerations for the older adult
Unit 2: Designing and adapting exercise programmes for the older adult
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Fitness Academy Europe Certificate of Achievement
- Active IQ Level 3 Award In Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Level 2 Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 NVQ diploma in Personal Training
- Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness
- Adults (aged 16+) wishing to pursue a career either in the health and fitness sector, community setting or in schools as teachers of children’s physical activity.
- 16 to 18 year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved the qualification.